Thursday, April 1, 2010

dilation? effacement? english please!

today marks my 37th week! yipee!!! 

i had a quickie check-up with my kikay ob yesterday and good thing there was no ie! yesssssss!!! however, she did say that next week's ie is going to be more painful. oh no. she said she's going to do something to start getting my baby out. definitely not looking forward to it.

i've been reading about my baby's development from whattoexpect.com and 3dpregnancy.com. both are talking about dilation, effacement and the cervix. pregnant and confused. a not so perfect combination. know more about these terms here.

doktora said that on my 1st ie, my cervix was still thick and dilation was still at 1cm. but then again, she does want me to give birth already. she's so atat, it drives me crazy! i still love her though. out of all the ob's i tried, she's definitely the best! and she keeps reminding me to always have my camera ready since i can give birth anytime soon. ^^,

again, i'm very very excited and at the same time scared. i'll just have to take it one day at a time until d-day comes.

doktora also mentioned that my baby's size still looks average and the size of my pelvis seems big enough for my baby. i'm glad. ;-) let's just see how the next check-up goes.


cheers!
~oohmomma

No comments: